The pupils who attend New Level Academy exhibit a wide range of both emotional and educational needs, which by their very nature can impinge negatively upon their progress. The school therefore provides a flexible curriculum that addresses all areas of pupil needs.
The school’s statement of intent supports the two main aims of the National Curriculum:
- To provide opportunities for all pupils to learn and achieve.
- To promote pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and prepare all pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
Functional Skills in Maths and English are well recognised qualifications and alternatives to GCSEs. They allow students to demonstrate their ability to achieve in these core subjects, in a way that is tailored to their style of learning. They are ideal for learners wishing to develop practical, transferable skills in order to work confidently, effectively and independently in life, and are fundamental to the successful completion of various wider qualifications and frameworks, such as Foundation Learning.
We work towards all our students eventually achieving Level 2 qualifications in English and Maths, which is equivalent to a GCSE Grade 5.
- Accredited qualifications achieved by the time the student finishes their stay
- A small and focused classroom setting
- Additional one-to-one support